How did you do with the first day of the challenge? Did you find a bunch of stuff to get rid of? Which room did you tackle first? Find anything amusing? One of the things I finally started to get on top of this spring was my writing files of clippings, ideas, rough drafts, outlines etc. I’m talking about files of paperwork I collected during the pre-internet days.
Do you know what I did with with this pre-internet junk (because that’s really what it was)?
Burning Up the Past
Most of the piles of papers went into the fireplace. There was something really cathartic about about burning it all up. It was like letting go of the past and starting fresh.
Anything from your past you need to get rid of? Anything from your own pre-internet days that no longer has any earthly purpose?
Go get rid of it and then come tell us about it so we can celebrate with you!
See all the days of the 7 Day Declutter Challenge:
- Day 1: Choose a Decluttering Focus
- Day 2: Get Rid of Pre-Internet Junk
- Day 3: Let Go of Sentimental Objects
- Day 4: Setting an Example for Our Children
- Day 5: Things That Make You Feel Guilty
- Day 6: Cleaning Out Old Hobbies
- Day 7: The Last Decluttering Push