It’s picnic time! Time to bring the fun of grilling and outdoors to your literacy centers! This picnic literacy centers pack includes 9 literacy and writing activities.
Each student recording sheet is offered in color and black and white.
These are appropriate for first grade and second grade, depending on student skill level.
The packet includes:
- Picnic ABC Order – Students will select six of the eighteen cards to put in ABC order and write them on their recording sheet. They will then select six more and record in order. They will then use the last six cards and record them in ABC order.
- Short and Long Vowel Sounds – Students will sort cards into short and long vowel sounds piles and record on sheet.
- Picnic Sentence Scramble – Student will unscramble sentence cards and write the sentences on the student recording sheet. They must also determine the correct capitalization and punctuation.
- Fact or Opinion? – Student will read picnic-themed sentences, determine if they are fact or opinion, and circle the correct answer. They will then write one original sentence about picnics and determine if their sentence is a fact or opinion.
- How to Plan a Picnic – Students will write six steps to planning a picnic.
- Compare and Contrast – Students will use a Venn diagram to compare ants and butterflies.
- How Many Words? – Students will write as many words as they can using the letters in the words “Grilling Hamburgers.” At the bottom of the sheet are optional letters to cut out to arrange as desired.
- Can-Have-Are – Students will complete the Can-Have-Are chart for ants.
- Memory Game – Picnic-themed pictures in a memory game.