Ho ho ho! It’s time for some December and Christmas fun in one of my very favorite products! This December Literacy and Math Pack is full of 17 themed math and literacy centers and activities. Lots of ready to use ideas with all sorts of holiday fun and Christmas cheer in these Christmas literacy activities and centers and Christmas math activities and centers!
These activities are appropriate primarily for First Grade but will also work with Kindergarten and Second Grade depending on the ability levels of the students.
The design is clean and uncluttered to help students focus on the learning activity at hand.
Student pages are included in both color and black/white.
The 45-page packet includes a wide variety to last for a few weeks. Here is what is included.
- Rhyming Match Center – Students will find the rhyming long vowel word cards and record the pair on their sheet.
- My Christmas Favorites Book – Students will complete the various sentences about their holiday favorites. There are twelve different pages so the teacher can choose the ones she would like to use whether it is just five, eight or all twelve!
- Christmas Words ABC Order Center – Students will choose three cards to put in ABC order and record them on their sheet. They will then choose three different cards and do the same. They will repeat this four times until they have used all twelve cards.
- Label the Christmas Tree – Students will label the parts of the picture using words from the word bank.
- Label the Gingerbread House – Students will label parts of the picture using words from the word bank.
- Christmas Syllables Write the Room – Students will record Christmas words grouping them by whether they have 1, 2, 3 or 4+ syllables.
- Santa Letter – Students will write a letter to Santa. Two versions include primary and standard lines.
- How to Decorate a Christmas Tree – Students will list the steps to decorate a Christmas tree.
- Christmas List It – Students will try to think of one Christmas word for every letter of the alphabet.
- Reindeer Can, Have, Are – Students will write facts about reindeer.
- Fall versus Winter Venn Diagram – Students will compare and contrast fall and winter using a Venn diagram.
- December Calendar Center – Students will answer questions on task cards while referring to a December calendar filled with information. They will record their answers on their sheet.
- Number Ordering Center – Students will order six sets of six cards each from least to greatest. They will record their answers on their sheet.
- Help Santa Get Home – Students will color the squares with odd numbers to create a path to get Santa home.
- Fill in the Math Sentence – Students will add a + or – to the number sentence to make it correct.
- Time for Fun! – Students will write the time for the clock (half hour and hour).
- It’s a Sweet Time – Students will write the time for the clock (half, quarter and three-quarter hour).