There are lots of colorful ready-to-use ideas in this Christmas-themed pack. The student pages are included in both color and black/white.
The worksheets and activities are appropriate for first and second grade depending on the ability level of the learner. Download a preview file at the end of the descriptions below.
Reading & Writing
- Rhyming Match Activity – Find the rhyming long vowel word cards and record the pair on their sheet.
- My Christmas Favorites Book – Complete the various sentences about holiday favorites. There are twelve different pages so the teacher can choose the ones she would like to use whether it is just five, eight or all twelve!
- Christmas Words ABC Order Activity – Choose three cards to put in ABC order and record them on their sheet. Then choose three different cards and do the same. Repeat this four times until all twelve cards have been used.
- Label the Christmas Tree – Label the parts of the picture using words from the word bank.
- Label the Gingerbread House – Label the parts of the picture using words from the word bank.
- Santa Letter – Write a letter to Santa (two versions include primary and standard lines)
- How to Decorate a Christmas Tree – List the steps to decorate a Christmas tree.
- Christmas List It – Try to think of one Christmas word for every letter of the alphabet.
- Reindeer Can, Have, Are – Write facts about reindeer.
- Fall versus Winter Venn Diagram – Compare and contrast fall and winter using a Venn diagram.
- December Calendar Activity – Answer questions on task cards while referring to a December calendar filled with information. Record their answers on their sheet.
- Number Ordering Activity – Order six sets of six cards each from least to greatest. Record their answers on their sheet.
- Help Santa Get Home – Color the squares with odd numbers to create a path to get Santa home.
- Fill in the Math Sentence – Add a + or – to the number sentence to make it correct.
- Time for Fun! – Write the time for the clock (half hour and hour).
- It’s a Sweet Time – Write the time for the clock (half, quarter and three-quarter hour).