The goal of my website is to help you create a life of peace, understanding, and joy for you and your loved ones. This is the theme in The Simple Life Library, the free gift I give when people subscribe. This is continued in the core resource I created and continue to add to – The Quiet Simple Life Planner & Guidebook.
We now find ourselves in what can only be described as a momentous time in history. This is now a rapidly developing situation that has the potential to become a full-blown crisis in some (or many) parts of our country. So the question I ask is how do we continue to create a cozy home filled with peace, understanding, and joy in the midst of this?
Creating a Cozy Home in a Crisis
I’ve written about The Cozy Life in Difficult Times. That post is full of positive and encouraging information and links. I wrote there:
It doesn’t matter if the difficult times we face come from within our home or without. During difficult times, a cozy life is exactly what we need.
- We need a life of peace with purposeful rhythm, organization, and routines.
- We need a life of understanding with strong relationships.
- We need a life of joy that includes simplifying our life to that which brings value to our lives.
This is still true, but what we are in now is much more than a difficult time. We need to reassess where we are for the sake of our loved ones and our own well-being. If you haven’t developed a plan for creating a cozy life for you and your loved ones, I hope you will jump in today.
1. Subscribe to my mailing list and receive The Simple Life Library.
2. Get a copy of The Quiet Simple Life Planner & Guidebook. It contains a great deal of information that will help you.
3. If you have children, have a plan for how you are going to take care of them physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
The Importance of Prayer in a Crisis
I hope you are praying for our leaders. I cannot imagine the amount of pressure they are under to sift through information from so many sources and make decisions that will impact the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of so many tens and hundreds of millions of people. I told David I am thankful we have a businessman who loves the American people as president and a Christian vice president who is a former governor heading all of this up. It seems Providential to me that we have this combination of leaders at this time. They are not perfect, but I do believe they are doing their best.
I don’t have every answer for every situation someone will face in the coming weeks and months. I don’t have all of the answers for my own family. I pray and try to do the best I can. Make the most of the hours and days you have right now.