The Christian walk of faith is not without trials. Christians believe that God allows difficulties in the life of a believer for many purposes. As these great quotes illustrate, many Christians believe that they can walk with trust in God in spite of circumstances. And as each of these quotes teaches, trusting God reaps many rewards both in this life and the life to come for the Christian believer.
Problems and Difficulties in Life
The reality is that all people will face trials and tribulations. For some reason, however, when difficulties come it is easy to respond with surprise, almost as if this should not be happening to someone who is a Christian. But problems are a part of life as this quote illustrates.
- “The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem.” ~ Theodore Rubin
God’s Purposes in Difficult Times
God is a God of purpose, according to the Christian faith. Christians believe that God will allow difficult times whether they are financial, spiritual, physical or relational problems as a means of accomplishing His purposes. These challenging times will often bring a person to the end of himself and remind him of these great truths.
- “Perhaps God brings us to the end of our resources so we can discover the vastness of His.” ~ Neil Anderson
- “God is looking for those with whom He can do the impossible– what a pity that we plan only the things that we can do by ourselves.” ~ A.W.Tozer
Great Quotes on Walking with Faith in God
When a Christian chooses to think biblically about difficulties in life, she may begin to walk more confidently in her position as God’s child and His love for her. Christians believe that one who has put her faith in Christ need never doubt His love and protection, as she can be sure that He is trustworthy and will undertake for her in every part of her life.
When a follower of Jesus truly believes that God is completely for her and has only her best interest in mind, she can walk in trust and without worry. Even when days are dark and there are no answers, she believes that God is in control and doing all for her good.
- “Faith is a living, daring confidence in God’s grace. It is so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.” ~ Martin Luther
- “The secret of Christian quietness is not indifference, but the knowledge that God is my Father, He loves me, I shall never think of anything He will forget, and worry becomes an impossibility.” ~ Oswald Chambers
Choosing to follow Christ is a decision that brings joy and hope, both for this life and the life to come. This joy and hope does not need to diminish during difficult times when challenges occur.
Reading and meditating on the great quotes from other believers who have endured tough times can be a great source of encouragement. Although nothing can take the place of Scripture for the Christian, reading the thoughts of others who have found God faithful through the ages can help believers as they seek assurance and walk down a path of greater faith and trust in God.