Fun Fact Cards are a quick, flexible, colorful and fun way to expand your themed learning unit. Start building interest in your topic each morning with these fascinating fact cards that go beyond the basics.
One teacher shared:
“My kids are addicted to reading these facts cards every morning. If I forget to read one, they are sooo quick to remind me. And the parents are learning too! During conferences, I had many parents tell me how much they had learned from their children when we read the apple and pumpkin cards. Thanks!”
See all of the titles included in this bundle at the end of this description.
Activity Ideas for Fun Fact Cards
Here is a sampling of how these cards are used.
- Morning Time, Morning Basket, or Circle Time Quick Fun Fact – Read the fact card each day and store them in a small basket where the students can look at them again and again. Or keep the set on a ring.
- Fact of the Day Bulletin Board – Read a fact each day and display the cards on a special bulletin board or foam board.
- Hallway Display – One teacher displayed them on the hallway chalkboard outside her door so many students and adults could read them.
- Calendar Pocket Chart – Put a fact behind each number on the calendar and have a different student take it out each day. You can then display on bulletin board.
- Geography Extension – Put the cards on a wall map with a string that points to where it ties in.
- Go Fish – Create two sets and use for a game of Go Fish.
- Memory Game – Create two sets and use for a Memory Game.
- Scavenger Hunt – Use the cards to create a Scavenger Hunt.
- School Bulletin Board – One kindergarten class had two students take the fact of the day down to the office each morning, “teach” the fact to the office staff, and then display the cards on the office bulletin board for everyone in the school to see.
The cards are 3×3 and there are 6 on a page. I made them small so they easily slide behind your date cards on the calendar pocket chart. They are also a good size for small hands if using them for a game. I also made them smaller to find the balance between making them colorful, but not taking too much ink when you print them.
The cards are unnumbered so they can be used in any month and in any sequence. You can use all the cards in the set or only a portion. This provides maximum flexibility for the teacher’s schedule. Use one set all month or use parts of two sets depending on your needs.
Also included is a hyperlinked list of the relevant websites where the facts were located.
Included in this bundle:
- Animals of Africa
- Arctic and Antarctic
- Australia and New Zealand
- Black History Month
- Chinese New Year
- Christmas Around the World
- Flowers and Plants
- Insects and Bugs
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Reptiles and Amphibians
- Rocks and Minerals
- Solar System
- U.S. Presidents