Black History Month Fun Facts Cards include:
- 28 fascinating fact cards that introduce students to many lesser known but important people
- Instant digital downloadable PDF
- Perfect for multi-age groups of learners with kids ages 4-10
I discovered so many fascinating people while researching this product and I know you and your learners will enjoy them. This is a great addition to your Black History Month Unit.
Praise for Black History Month Fun Fact Cards
Here’s what teachers and parents said:
“These are great. The kids are excited every morning to look at them.”
“Thank you for sharing this. I love the idea. This will be a quick way for me to add some important black history facts into the beginning of our day. Can’t wait to begin using this tomorrow.”
“I made this into a door decoration. Students loved looking for the “fact of the day” each day as they went down the hallway!”
“I love this! I’m making a bulletin board tomorrow with them. Thank you SO very much!”
Activity Ideas for Black History Month Fun Fact Cards
These cards are used multiple ways by teachers and parents including:
- Morning Time, Morning Basket, or Circle Time Quick Fun Fact – Read the fact card each day and store them in a small basket where the students can look at them again and again. Or keep the set on a ring.
- Fact of the Day Bulletin Board – Read a fact each day and display the cards on a special bulletin board or foam board.
- Hallway Display – One teacher displayed them on the hallway chalkboard outside her door so many students and adults could read them.
- Calendar Pocket Chart – Put a fact behind each number on the calendar and have a different student take it out each day. You can then display on bulletin board.
- Geography Extension – Put the cards on a wall map with a string that points to where it ties in.
- Go Fish – Create two sets and use for a game of Go Fish.
- Memory Game – Create two sets and use for a Memory Game.
- Scavenger Hunt – Use the cards to create a Scavenger Hunt.
- School Bulletin Board – One kindergarten class had two students take the fact of the day down to the office each morning, “teach” the fact to the office staff, and then display the cards on the office bulletin board for everyone in the school to see.
The cards are 3×3 and there are 6 on a page. I made them small so they easily slide behind your date cards on the calendar pocket chart. They are also a good size for small hands if using them for a game. I also made them smaller to find the balance between making them colorful, but not taking too much ink when you print them.
The cards are unnumbered so they can be used in any month and in any sequence. You can use all the cards in the set or only a portion. This provides maximum flexibility for the teacher’s schedule. Use one set all month or use parts of two sets depending on your needs.
Also included is a hyperlinked list of the relevant websites where the facts were located.
One teacher shared:
“My kids are addicted to reading these facts cards every morning. If I forget to read one, they are sooo quick to remind me. And the parents are learning too! During conferences, I had many parents tell me how much they had learned from their children when we read the apple and pumpkin cards. Thanks!”