The pack is designed primarily for first grade, but could also work in kindergarten or second grade depending on student ability. All student sheets are provided in both color and black/white.
America Math Activities
- Graphing America! – Sort and count the cards with different objects and then complete the bar graph with the appropriate number.
- July Calendar Task Cards – Answer the task card questions by using the provided calendar filled with information and then write their answers on their recording sheet.
- Measure with the Stars! – Cut out a ruler of stars and use it to measure various objects on task cards. Then record the answers on their sheet.
- Adding Change – Add the change pictured on the cards and write the answers on the recording sheet.
- Help George Washington Get Home – Follow the path of odd numbers to get Washington back to his home.
- Addition and Subtraction Story Problems – Determine if the story problem on the task card is addition or subtraction and then write the correction equation on the recording sheet. There are two sets of cards. One is simple addition of single digits and the other set is double digit with no regrouping/borrowing. The teacher can choose the appropriate set for her class. OR Use the easier set at the beginning of the year and the more challenging set later in the year.
Bonus America Activities
- America Word Search – Fun America-themed word search. No backwards or diagonal words.
- Memory Game – Fun game for center time or early finishers.