America Themed Learning Pack is designed in a colorful but simple way. This uncluttered look helps students focus on the learning activity at hand. It features:
- 30 activities designed for maximum flexibility
- 90+ page packet is full of activities that can be used for weeks
- Variety of activities with options for many so the teacher can choose what is most appropriate for learners ages 5-8
- Student pages are provided in both color and black/white
This pack can be used for:
- Presidents’ Day
- Veterans Day
- Labor Day
- Memorial Day
- Election Day
- Independence Day
- Graphing America – Sort and count the cards with different objects and then complete the bar graph with the appropriate number.
- July Calendar Activity – Answer the task card questions by using the provided calendar filled with information and then write the answers on the recording sheet.
- Measure with the Stars – Cut out a ruler of stars and use it to measure various objects on task cards. Record answers on sheet.
- Adding Change – Add the change pictured on the cards and write answers on the recording sheet.
- Help George Washington Get Home – Follow the path of odd numbers to get Washington back to his home.
- Addition and Subtraction Story Problems – Determine if the story problem on the task card is addition or subtraction and then write the correction equation on the recording sheet. There are two sets of cards. One is simple addition of single digits and the other set is double digit with no regrouping/borrowing. The teacher can choose the appropriate set for her class. OR Use the easier set at the beginning of the year and the more challenging set later in the year.
Reading & Writing Activities
- Word Bank – A printable sheet word bank with 42 relevant words for any America-related unit. Teacher can laminate and put in centers or hand out for students to use during the unit.
- President True or False – Students cut out statements and determine if they are true or false. They glue them in the correct section of their sheet.
- Scrambled Sentences – There are two options for this activity. In the first, students unscramble the sentence on the six card set. They write the correct sentence on the recording sheet. OR There is also a worksheet with the scrambled sentences (no cards) that can be unscrambled and written down.
- America ABC Order – Put four words on each task card in ABC order and write on recording sheet.
- President Versus King Venn Diagram – Brainstorm the differences and similarities between a king and president.
- George Washington Versus Abraham Lincoln Venn Diagram – Brainstorm the differences and similarities between the two presidents.
- If I Were President – Write a brief statement and illustrate four things they would do if they were president.
- My American Favorites Mini Book – Fill in blank of up to 12 different favorites and illustrate each half page. The teacher may choose as many different topics/pages as she would like.
- America Cross Out – Cross out the word in each row that doesn’t belong with the rest. They will then write a few sentences at the bottom using some of the words listed above.
- My July 4th History Book Mini Book – Learn fascinating facts about July 4th and illustrate each page.
- How To Become President – List five steps to becoming president.
- Dear Mr. President –Write a letter to the president.
- Four Great Things about America – Write about four things they think are great about America.
- My Favorite Place in America – Write about their favorite place in America and illustrate it as though it is a newspaper article.
- America List It – Write one word about America for each letter of the alphabet.
- I Love America! – Tell what they like about America by writing one word for each letter in “I Love America”
- How Many Words? – Write as many words as they can using the letters in “Washington, D.C.”
- Reading Response – Illustrate the Beginning, Middle, End, and My favorite part.
- A Story Map – Identify Title, Author, Characters, Setting, Beginning, Middle and End.
- A Story Web – Identify Title, Author, Main Characters, Setting, Problem and Solution.
- America and The President Writing Papers – Titled pages with lines for writing and a large box on top for illustrating. Includes both primary dotted lines and regular lines options for both topics.
- America Word Search – Fun America-themed word search. No backwards or diagonal words.
- Memory Game – Fun game for center time or early finishers.
- Inauguration Day KWL – Explore Inauguration Day with this KWL activity.
- Word Wall Cards – A set of 42 word wall cards on red and blue star background.
Praise for America Themed Learning Pack
Other teachers and parents said:
- “Wonderful!! I love the theme & I can use some throughout the school year. Thanks!”
- “Super for summer school and my American heroes/4th of July theme.”
- “Kids loved this in Math centers as we studied American symbols!”
- “I am using several pieces to help teach our Patriotic theme in kindergarten.”