Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins is a favorite recipe I found on a wonderful site called Stephanie’s Country Kitchen Goodness. The website very sadly no longer exists, but it lives on in our home through many of her delicious recipes. I really like the combination of chocolate and sour cream in recipes. These muffins are so moist you really have to eat them with a fork! I especially appreciate them because they freeze wonderfully and thaw/warm up well in the microwave on high for about 20 seconds.
Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, sour cream and egg; mix well.
- Stir in baking soda and baking powder.
- Add flour and stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined or greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until done. Cool.
Makes 1 dozen.
You can see all of my recipes under Sallie’s Favorite Comfort Food Recipes. If you do try one of my recipes and like it, please come back and let me know in a comment. I truly do appreciate it when people do so!