It’s the last day of our decluttering week. Time to push toward the end! I still have a ways to go on my goals and have company coming today. I’m not sure how this is going to work, but I know that I’ve cleaned out quite a bit this week.
If you feel like you just don’t have time to keep going on your decluttering project, here are some suggestions that have worked for me in my life over the years:
- Try to do just 5-10 items for a few minutes.
- Find some things to throw away.
- Remember that sometimes just getting started will get the ball rolling!
Everything you do accomplish is worthwhile. Don’t let perfection be the enemy of progress. Even getting half way through what you wanted to accomplish is better than giving up because you feel overwhelmed, got behind, etc. Rejoice in what you did accomplish and then let those results spur you on in the days ahead to keep going.
How are you doing? Have you made some good progress this week? Even if you haven’t started, jump in today! You can share with us tomorrow what you accomplished!
See all the days of the 7 Day Declutter Challenge:
- Day 1: Choose a Decluttering Focus
- Day 2: Get Rid of Pre-Internet Junk
- Day 3: Let Go of Sentimental Objects
- Day 4: Setting an Example for Our Children
- Day 5: Things That Make You Feel Guilty
- Day 6: Cleaning Out Old Hobbies
- Day 7: The Last Decluttering Push