It’s Wednesday so that means it is time for me to do my weekly check-in of my goals for 2020. This was one of those weeks in which I got so much done, but so much I wanted to get to and didn’t. So I’m really happy with all I did accomplish. I just wish I could have done twice as much! LOL!
But here’s what I did this week and the progress I made.
Goal 1: Have 20 minutes of Bible, prayer, and quiet time each day.
- Bible every day, prayer every day. No dedicated quiet time every day.
Goal 2: Read 20 books.
- I have a reading tickler list page that you can see. I am still working my way through the same set of books as last week: Curious Unschoolers: Stories of an Unschooling Family, Only Ten Cents, Run with the Horses: The Quest for Life at Its Best, and Company of One: Why Staying Small Is the Next Big Thing for Business.
Goal 3: Write 20 personal letters and send via snail mail.
- No new ones this week so I’m still at 5/20 for the year.
Goal 4: Clean out, label, and organize 20 years worth of digital photos.
- I did not work on this goal this week.
Goal 5: Lose 20 pounds.
- I haven’t lost anything as of yesterday.
Goal 6: Lose 20 inches
- I didn’t measure this week.
Goal 7: Walk 200 miles.
- I did finally start this! Since I haven’t walked for exercise in a long time, I’m starting slow with just a half a mile at a time. I’ll steadily up this. So right now I have 1/200 miles done. A journey has to start somewhere!
Goal 8: Go on one bookstore/coffee shop night out each quarter as a family.
- Not yet
Goal 9: Find 20 new EoE-friendly foods and/or recipes for myself.
- I did find a D3 supplement that appears to be giving me no reactions. Woo hoo! You’ll laugh if you see what it is, but when you are highly sensitive and have EoE, you find whatever works. LOL!
Goal 10: Clear out the basement once and for all and finally have a crafting area I can use.
- I made major progress on this. Very excited.
Goal 11: Increase our family income by 40%.
- David and I have both been working hard on this goal. Nothing to report at this point.
Goal 12: Reduce our family debt by 20%.
- No report for now.
Goal 13: Create 100 new products for my shop.
- I spent a lot of time on learning products this week. David and I redid all of the Distraction Free Handwriting Practice downloadables and added two more (Print – 130 More Words and Cursive – 130 More Words). I still need to tally what I’ve done this year toward my 100.
Goal 14: Pin 20 posts, pages, or products from my site to my Pinterest boards 3 days a week.
- I spent my time writing and creating products, but not pinning. I only pinned a few things. Trade-offs. I am thinking of signing up for Tailwind again to see if I can use that to do better.
Goal 15: Add 20 new pieces of content to the forums each week.
- I did add a number of posts, but it was less than 20.
Goal 16: Learn how to process and watermark photos for my site.
- Not yet
Goal 17: Create 1 product all by my big self (as little Caroline would say).
- Not yet
Goal 18: Add 20 unit study posts to my site.
- No new ones so still 1/20 done.
Goal 19: Record and release 10 podcast episodes.
- The desire is there but the opportunity is not so still 0/10.
Goal 20: Leave 10 comments each week on other blogs.
- I think I left one or two. I really thought I would do better on this goal.
Did you set goals for 2020? How are you doing? Remember, a year is a long time so it’s okay to set goals and chip away at them a bit each week. That’s what I’m doing and I’m excited to see what I do accomplish in a year. I hope you will join me and leave a comment!