I’ve moved my RSS feed from Feedburner to Mad Mimi. I’ve also moved my mailing list to Mad Mimi. If you get this in your inbox, would you be so kind as to leave a comment on this post so I know it is going out okay? I want to make sure everything is hunky dory before I try to send out a freebie and start blogging again. Thanks!
I'm Sallie, a former teacher and now home educating mom. I love sharing the best things I can find with other homeschoolers and moms who work with their children outside of school. Learning comes in many shapes and sizes so you won’t find a one-size-fits-all attitude here. I also share my own curriculum materials as well as freebies. Please make yourself comfortable and I hope you will join the conversation!
Good stuff in your mailbox
Sign up for email updates and receive subscriber-only free products and special offers
Find it here
- FREE Plants and Gardening Literacy Sampler Pack – Four
- A Sample Kindergarten Homeschool Schedule for a Creative,…
- Shapes and Colors Bingo Game Cards in 4×4, 3×3 and
- Why I homeschool in the afternoon and not the morning
- 5 Ways an Introvert Can Survive a Homeschool Convention
- Only Children
- Why teachers quit teaching mid-year
- Black History Month Fun Fact Cards – Unit Extension…
- 10 Signs a Homeschooling Mom Was a Teacher First
- Homeschool curriculum for a right-brained, spirited child…
- How I Teach Math – Relaxed Homeschooling in the Early…
- Winter Days – 10 Themed Word Search Puzzles
A fun way to learn!
Love for my products
After 1-1/2 months with a “fact of the day,” my students are hooked. It’s fun to start our days with an “Oooh” or “Wow” about things we take for granted like apples or pumpkins. It’s also amusing to hear them inform everyone with whom we come into contact what they’ve learned. What a great idea and thanks for all the background research!bayarean8v
My kids are addicted to reading these facts cards every morning. If I forget to read one, they are sooo quick to remind me. And the parents are learning too! During conferences, I had many parents tell me how much they had learned from their children…bayarean8v
I love these little cards! Everyday my students ask me to read today’s apple fact. I’ll be getting October for sure!bayarean8v
All these activities are great additions to my math and language tubs!trink1950
Thanks for another great product! I’m learning a lot from these fact cards!! As we read one a day, I will display them on a poster sheet so we can review them! The children can pick their favorite fact!! Thanks so much!celestew
I am excited to add these cards to our calendar time. There have some fun apple facts. I will being buying more! Thanks for creating them.Sherri9
“My students love these! Just this week, I noticed a few of my first graders incorporating some of the daily pumpkin facts into the stories they are writing.”eneexpress
I am using the apple cards now and my kiddos love the addition to our morning routine!ddjc
My class loves when I read our “Fun facts”. Thanks for creating these sets!Sherri9
Kids loved them!Sunwen57
Looking for a way to add a few different things to my pumpkin unit. Love this idea–can’t wait to see what the kids think. Thankslyankosky
I love these cards. I will keep them available to the students. Thanks.MargaretHargrove
- America Math Pack - 6 Centers and Activities for Patriotic Holidays | SallieBorrink.comSallieBorrink.com on America Literacy and Math Pack – 30+ Centers, Activities for All Patriotic Holidays
- America Literacy Pack - 23 Centers and Activities for Patriotic Holidays | SallieBorrink.comSallieBorrink.com on America Literacy and Math Pack – 30+ Centers, Activities for All Patriotic Holidays
- Amy on Spring Literacy and Math Pack – 19 Centers and Activities for Reading, Writing, and Math
- Sallie on I apologize that I am about to commit a cardinal sin of blogging
- Cristy S on I apologize that I am about to commit a cardinal sin of blogging
- Marina on (Bumped up to show winners) Beat the Winter Blahs Giveaway – Three $10 shopping sprees!
- Purple Palmetto on (Bumped up to show winners) Beat the Winter Blahs Giveaway – Three $10 shopping sprees!
- Julie Lynn Bickham on (Bumped up to show winners) Beat the Winter Blahs Giveaway – Three $10 shopping sprees!
- debra on (Bumped up to show winners) Beat the Winter Blahs Giveaway – Three $10 shopping sprees!
- Misty on (Bumped up to show winners) Beat the Winter Blahs Giveaway – Three $10 shopping sprees!
An Excellent Resource!
Places to Find Me
Sponsors and Affiliates
Also available here in 3x3 and 5x5. Click on the image for more info!
Caroline and Sallie approved! We love ABC Mouse!
Digital papers and clip art for many states available! Please contact me if you need a state not currently listed!